The Goose River Bank is the oldest state bank in North Dakota. The first stockholders of the newly organized state bank were K. H. Brunsdale, Kate C. Dean, M. L. Elken, Mary Spencer, Maxwell Brothers, Robert Maxwell, and William Spencer, along with the original founders. Over the years, The Goose River Bank's directors have been people of wisdom and insight and included Governor Norman Brunsdale, who served as director from 1919 to his election as North Dakota governor in 1949.
The original offices were located in the west end of the Clayton and Hubbard store, then moved to a small two-story wood frame building, and in 1898, The Goose River Bank moved to a grand brick building at 45 Main Street East in Mayville. This location served bank customers until 1974 when The Goose River Bank moved to its current location in Mayville.
Offices opened in Hillsboro in 1997 and in Hatton in 2005.